- When will I get my order?
- Where will my order ship from?
- What about sales tax?
- My order should be here by now, but I still don’t have it. What should I do?
Replacement, Returns, and Refunds
- I received a wrong or defective product, what should I do?
- What’s your return policy?
- Do you offer refunds?
When will I get my order?
Currently I am only making sales in the United States, where products are shipped out within 3-4 business. Of course, arrival times vary, depending on your location.
What about sales tax?
For online businesses, sales tax is complex, changing, and messy. And the situation is further complicated, because I can literally see land inside two neighboring states from my own back window. So out-of-state can be local here.
Briefly, the Wandering Crayon is registered in Maryland, so it’s licensed to collect the required Maryland sales tax on products shipped to Maryland residents. But it is currently not required to collect sales tax from residents of other states, because its sales in those states are too small.
HOWEVER… Some states (unfortunately including neighboring West Virginia and Pennsylvania) require my printer/shipper to charge me sales tax on orders to my customers in those states–sales tax that I cannot collect from those customers, because my sales in those states are too small. So I have to eat it. (As I said, it’s messy.)
My order should be here by now, but I still don’t have it. What should I do?
Before getting in touch, please do the usual things:
- Check the tracking to see if it says the order has been delivered or (if in transit) if it has not been updated in several days.
- If it’s still in transit, check with the shipping company to see if they are experiencing a known delay.
- If it says it was delivered, check with your neighbors in case the courier left the package with them.
- Ask your local post office if they have your package (in case there were delivery problems).
- Finally, check your shipping confirmation email to verify that the delivery address is correct.
If none of these routine things work, do email Support@theWanderingCrayon.com with your order number and a brief explanation. I’ll review the order information and try to find a problem. If the problem was caused by something on my end, I will send you a replacement order promptly.
How are your products made?
I work with a print-on-demand drop shipper. They have locations worldwide, so depending on where you are, your orders are printed and shipped from the facility that can do it most efficiently.
You can learn about each type of product on our “More About” pages.
Replacement, Returns, and Refunds
I received a wrong or defective product, what should I do?
Mistakes or defects caused by something on my end will be replaced or refunded. For a speedy and satisfactory resolution, email me within a week at Support@theWanderingCrayon.com, briefly describing the issue and including your order number and photos of the problem product. I’ll get back to you within two business days (if not sooner).
What’s your return policy?
I don’t offer returns and exchanges, but will replace or refund defective (or wrong) products. See above, “I received a wrong or defective product…”
Do you offer refunds?
Refunds are only offered to customers who receive defective (or wrong) products. See above, “I received a wrong or defective product…”